Here are some of the enhancements offered by the new homepage (logged in users only):
• Increased focus on videos that matter to you (subscriptions, friend’s sharing, recommendations)
• You can easily filter your homepage to show only the latest uploads from your subscriptions
• Don’t miss anything; if a channel uploads four videos in a day, you’ll see all four - instead of just the latest video
• Quick access to the inbox when you have new messages or comments
• Remove any video (hover and click the “x” button)
“Required: Internet Explorer 6+”—pro tip: if your company is called Innovative Employee Solutions, you should really do something about that little requirement of yours -or- remove “innovative” and “solutions” from your name.
i won’t comment on the validity of this practice or even if it can be judged purely on its validity alone, but i will say this… i can smell this as a user. from facebook to gmail, products and feature sets driven by engineers have a particular odor that’s immediately recognizable to me. and it smell like machine.